I dislike New Years and all the hoopla that surrounds this overhyped holiday. It’s not fair to hate on the party people, because partying is not the problem with New Years, it’s the resolutions. I am just as guilty of making them as anyone, but….
Just because the calendar changes, do you? Is turning the page on the passed year such a pivotal moment that it inspires you to accomplish your goals? Of course NOT!
Do you want to make changes in your life? Absolutely!
This kind of change only happens when you deem it important, and this true change rarely coincides with a calendar flip.
As you prepare to share the gym with “born again” fitness fanatics, remember that everybody deserves a chance. Listening to gymrats complain about sharing their space with newbies pains me, because they are the reason the gym is so awesome in March!
New Years recruits pay the year long membership fee, the clubs make money, and we get to use the great facility. Don’t worry, it’s only a few months of crowdedness before we are all alone again.
If you really want to change, and you are part of the small minority that believes this New Years will be different then I suggest you check out the following blogs before you start!
My Top 5 Training and WeightLoss Inspiration Blogs
1. MarksDailyApple.com If you want to overhaul your nutrition, or learn how to simply live better, Mark has got it covered. Mark posts a daily article of the highest quality. He is truly doing some amazing things. You will find countless success stories, to keep you motivated throughout the year, not just now!
2. CutandJacked.com I think this site is relatively new, but is gaining serious traction. I started following the owner of the site on twitter, and he is an absolute die hard fitness advocate. While the site promotes a body builder physique, the inspirational quotes and stories are exactly what you need to make your resolution stick.
3. Robbwolf.com I had the pleasure of meeting Robb last year (me in the picture…this pic ended up in strange places…be careful what you post online). If you want to surround yourself with people that care, get to his site. His network is growing extensively and includes mainstream medical practitioners. A big supporter of the Paleo movement, Robb is smart, funny, and really wants to make a difference. This guy could monetize the crap out of his blog but he choses not to. A refreshing voice, that is willing to change his stance if better scientific evidence comes to light. Truly inspiring.
4. TalkTomeJohnie This is the site of John Welbourn, a 9 year veteran of the NFL, and CrossFit/Paleo advocate. I’ve only started reading his blog recently, but I am hooked! Check it out!
5. FitnessBlackBook Fitness Black Book is basically the “fitness” google. The best part is that the site is easy to navigate for all readers. Specializing in fitness tips, Rusty Moore does an amazing job covering pretty much every health related topic, and his cool personality shines through in every post!
You could also download my free “eBook” that draws inspiration from each of these sites, and countless others!