In a previous post we discussed our 5 favourite foods for life, where I professed my love for coconut milk. Having purchased canned coconut milk a number of times at the grocery store, I figured a cheaper alternative had to exist. Thanks to some quick internet research, I now make my own coconut milk at home as a cost efficient option that tastes equally delicious! Here is a short video explaining how to make your own coconut milk.
[Coconut milk goes great with shakes and curries! Improve your health, and save money by learning how to make your own........]
- 8”-8” piece of cheesecloth
- Measuring Cups
- Storage container with lid (I use a Nalgene water bottle)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes (medium or large)
- 1 cup of water (warm or boiled)
- Measure one cup of water and ½ cup of coconut flakes
- Place both ingredients in a blender
- Mix for 2-5 seconds
- Pour contents of blender through cheesecloth and into storage container
- Be sure to squeeze all the liquid out of the cheesecloth
- Take remaining coconut flakes from cheesecloth and place back in the blender
- Repeat the cycle over again while reusing the coconut flakes and adding new water each time
You can repeat this cycle up to 5 times, producing close to 5 cups of coconut milk for the cost of a ½ cup of coconut flakes!
- Store coconut milk in the fridge
- Make sure your storage container has a tight lid
- Try to consume coconut milk in the next 7 days
Good luck! I hope this helps you on your weight loss journey!
Hope you enjoyed this article and wish to stay up to date on the latest health, and weight loss strategies by “Liking” The Healthy Teacher on Facebook!
Free 4 Step Fat Loss Blueprint
Simply enter your information into the form below: